Company registration process in Botswana
- Select and reserve three possible names for consideration by the Registrar of Companies.
- Sign the declaration of compliance of statutory requirements for incorporation before a commissioner for oaths.
- Return the complete statutory return to the Registrar of Companies about re-allotment, directors, auditors, company secretary, and registered officers.
- Register the company with the Registrar of Companies at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Advertise the intention of applying for a license in the official gazette.
- Obtain an approval of the working condition after an inspection of company premises.
- Obtain an industrial license from the Industrial Affairs Department, Ministry of Commerce and Industry; or obtain a trading license from the local authority.
- Register for Corporate Income Tax number with the Commissioner of Taxes and obtain the approval from the Commissioner of Taxes for the appointment of a public officer who is in charge of tax return.
- Register for VAT with Director of Customs & Excise
- Register employees for the work injury insurance
All the necessary forms for registration and maintenance of the company are available for download. Click here to download the file in PDF (1,4Mb).
Registrar of Companies
P.O. Box 102, Gaborone, Botswana
Tel: +267 3188754, Fax: +267 3188310