Corporate Tax Incentives
These incentives are provided for in the Income Tax (Amendments) Act 1999 and are effective from July 1999. These are:
- A corporate tax rate of 15% guaranteed until June 2020
- Exemption from withholding taxes in Botswana
- Unilateral credits for withholding taxes levied in other jurisdictions
- Access to Botswana’s Double Taxation Treaty Network
- Collective Investment Undertakings (CIU’s) are tax exempt. This applies to unit trusts and other collective investment structures.
- IFSC companies are exempt from Botswana Value Added Tax (VAT)