Career Fair 2006
Click here to register for Career Fair 2006, hosted by Botswana IFSC.
Career Fair 2005
Botswana IFSC held its second annual Career Fair on Saturday 24th September 2005 at Gaborone International Convention Centre. In essence, the objectives of this fair were:
- to create an opportunity for private sector companies active in the Financial Service and ICT sectors to interface with Batswana students, graduates and professionals;
- to create awareness of the Botswana IFSC Companies as well as other financial services or ICT sector companies on their role in the national economic diversification programme;
- to create a platform for emerging citizen companies active in the Financial Services and ICT sectors to showcase themselves;
- to grow the Botswana IFSC internship programme;
- to provide guidance to young graduates and professionals who want to grow careers in the Financial Services and ICT industry sectors;
- to sensitize both companies and individuals on the existence of the Botswana IFSC CV Database and encourage them to use it;
- to promote a partnership between the private sector and the many locally based institutions providing training in the two industry sectors.
Hon Minister of Education, Mr. Jacob Nkate opened last year’s career fair while IFSC CEO, Alan Boshwaen presented on findings of the Labour Market Study completed by the Southern Africa Global Competitiveness Hub. In addition, presentations were made by Nthisana Phillips, CEO of Allan Gray Botswana; Bashi Gaetsaloe, CEO of Accenture International; Anthony Siwawa, CEO of Venture Partners Botswana; and Lena Kalake, Assistant Director at the Department of Student Placement and Welfare (DSPW).
Opening Remarks – Hon. Jacob Nkate, Minister of Education
CEO’s Speech – Alan Boshwaen
Obligations of Government-sponsored Graduates and Government Policy on Internships and Attachments – Lena Kalake
Personal Career Management – Nthisana Phillips
Personal Branding – Anthony Siwawa